We're in the last lap of the race and continue to be encouraged by what is happening on the ground:
- Peter's personalized emails combined with his offer to drive to the polls led to 4 more votes on the last day of early voting; none were in our targeted pool of voters i.e., he convinced the non-voters to vote!
- Hunter talked with a voter living with his very sick father; the voter was so touched by the personalized postcard they received from us that he began to cry on the doorstep.
- Thanks to 26 different volunteers over the last three days alone,
we wrote and talked to
hundreds of voters who at some point said they were for us. Objective? Get 'em to the polls on Thursday.
- At Ugly Mugs on Monday, a woman named Anna introduced herself to let me know she was voting for us. Then a guy named Todd chased me down- he's now voting for us, too. When I got home to review Emily's must-call list of 'undecided' voters (nothing gets done around here without Em Master B directing me), Anna and Todd were both on it. Serendipity!
- While over 1300 people voted early in our district, we need *higher* turnout on Thursday. High turnout = gooooood. Low turnout = baaaaad. On a scale of 1-10, I would put my satisfaction level with early voting turnout at a 5. Ehhh. We can get to a 9 or 10 this week!
- To state the obvious: we are up against an incumbent. It’s a crowded field of four.
- Join Tim, Rebecca, Casey, Janna, Todd, and 40 other superhero volunteers who are working 4-hour (or more) shifts at the polls. We need SEVEN more people to work the 3-7 (ish) slot, our most critical need!
- Wear your shirt all day Wednesday and Thursday. Walk and smile down the runway. Its haute couture time.
- Join Rob, Andrew, Tiffany, Will, Sara Beth, James, Stacie, and Greg and VOTE
- Channel your inner general; your voting troops are waiting for you to rally them! Even if they don't know it!