From Heritage Foundation:
Members of Congress left Washington for the month of August, but even though they’re back home, few are hosting town hall events to hear from you, their constituents.So Heritage Action is standing in the gap: bringing education on the critical issues and our message of Congressional accountability to critical cities across the country—including Nashville.
Join Jim DeMint, your neighbors, friends, and other local conservatives at the Heritage Action Nashville town hall meeting.
At the town hall you will:
At this town hall meeting, you will learn how your voice, when added to the growing chorus of conservatives across the country, can make the all difference.
- Meet your neighbors and friends that are willing to take a stand for conservative principles.
- Hear directly from Jim DeMint on the critical fights facing conservative—and how we can win.
- Get educated on key issues like defunding Obamacare.
Don’t miss your exclusive opportunity to meet Heritage President Jim DeMint on August 22nd in Nashville.
What you need to know about the eventDate: August 22, 2013
Time: Registration begins at 6:00 p.m. Town Hall Meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, 700 Cool Springs Boulevard, Franklin, TN 37067
Free for conservatives. RSVP required.The Nashville event has reached its maximum capacity and they are no longer accepting new RSVPs.
I waited too late and will be unable to attend. There is always this event:
From Mary Mancini of Citizens Action:
“A TENNESSEE FOR ALL” TOWN HALL TO COUNTER MIDDLE-TENNESSEE VISIT BY DIVISIVE JIM DEMINT AND HERITAGE FOUNDATION
Senator Estes Kefauver and Health Care Advocates to Fight for Obamacare’s Important New Affordable and Accessible Health Care Protections for Thousands of Tennessee Families
WHAT: Tennessee Citizen Action’s “A Tennessee for All” Town Hall is a direct response to the extremism that Jim Demint and Heritage Action for America (aka The Heritage Foundation) are bringing to middle-Tennessee this week with their “Defund Obamacare Town Hall Tour.” Heritage Action for America are coming to town to rail against Obamacare and to spread a message of obstruction. Our message? We want to engage with government and create solutions that work for everyone.
- Senator Estes Kefauver – Consumer protection, antitrust, and civil rights pioneer (portrayed by Greg Welsch)
- Molly Secours – Writer/Filmmaker (www.mollysecours)
- Michele Johnson – Executive Director, Tennessee Justice Center (http://www.tnjustice.org)
- Councilwoman Erica Gilmore
- Kelly Gregory – Breast Cancer Survivor
- Clare Sullivan – Nurse Practitioner
- Sam Rutherford – Student
WHEN: Thursday, August 22, 2013; Registration at 6:00 PM; Town Hall from 6:30 – 7:30 PM
WHERE: UAW Local 737, 6207 Centennial Blvd, Nashville, Tennessee