Press Release, Nashville/Antioch, TN - Residents of Southeast Nashville and Antioch
declare our opposition to the proposed relocation site and call on our Mayor,
elected Metro City Council Representatives, and all related Metro Nashville
government agencies to:
3. Keep the Criminal Justice Center at its current downtown location throughout this process.
2. Establish the Antioch area as the only area of Nashville with the responsibility for housing prisoners; and,
3. Hinder economic development of the area because desirable businesses will not want to locate in close proximity of the jail; and,
4. Attract undesirable businesses, like bail bonding and cash advance businesses; and,
5. Encourage the release of prisoners directly into our neighborhoods close to the Criminal Justice Center as a result of families of prisoners patronizing those bail bonding and cash advance businesses.
DATE: Tuesday, May 26, 2015
WHERE: Global Mall at the Crossings Event Center, 5252 Hickory Hollow Parkway, Suite 292